....this is a multi-language blog which muslim bloggers sharing their experience during their journey to Myanmar....... here I am trying to blog about my trip and vacation to Myanmar .... My whole trip experience will be covered in my several blogs...... some of the photos and experience here was cut and paste from others muslim blogger who have visit Myanmar before and the link of original blog was provide at the end of each blog ....hope it will benefit for future muslim traveller . I will write (also cut n paste) as n when I get time


Friday, June 18, 2010

Myanmar Muslim Tour : Myanmar National Races Village

National Races Village

The National Races Village is located near the Yangon-Thanlyin bridge. Like I've said in my earlier post, the visit was a disappointment. We were really hoping to get an enriching cultural and educational experience but the visit left us unsatisfied and grumpy, partially due to the extremely hot weather. The website provided by the link above is concise and informative.

While the buildings and household items passed the authenticity tests, the actors were not dressed in their ethnic traditional attire, nor were they performing an ethnic activity. There were no proper labels or explanation as to items exhibited, which made the whole setup to a place so vast a pity.

An observation tower with similar architecture to Nan Myint Tower of the Mandalay Royal Palace


Kachin woven house


Weaving machine




Interior of the house


I like the woven walls


A wall of arranged bamboo poles


On our way back to Yangon, we saw a yard with corrugated iron drums stacked in a neat pile


No comments:

Post a Comment